The prompt said: Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
My life was normal and boring before July 18, 2011. Sometimes I wish for those days. Things were easier then. Things were boring. I had no idea how good I had it then. No doctor appointments, no brain scans and breast MRI’s, things were smooth.
Then I found out about a brain tumor and a genetic condition. Today my life is far from normal. Sometimes, I envy people with regular lives.
If others looked at my life now they might think, “Wow. Heather juggles a lot. How does she do it?“
“Heather has another doctor appointment to go to? Didn’t she just have a brain MRI?“
“I can see that Heather is really trying to manage it all. I hope she doesn’t crack under the pressure of it all.”
Want to know something? I hope I don’t crack either.
I have more than 6 unique/exciting/odd things about myself that’s for sure. But here are just a few:
- I have never seen an episode of “American Idol” and I’m very proud of this fact. Believe me – it will never happen.
- I sleep with 2 stuffed animals; and yes, I am 40 (almost 41) years old. I have a large beanie baby named “Max” and a winter themed Minnie Mouse from Disneyland I bought Christmas 2011.
- I snore really crazy (as per Nephew #2).
- I can quote just about every “Friends” episode.
- I have had brain surgery 2 times.
- I have never seen the movies “The Little Mermaid” or “Top Gun”.