Tonight my trainer suggested I begin an Affirmation Journal. Each night for 2 weeks write down 5 affirmations. (The last few sessions I’ve felt very emotional. Really being present with the knowledge that I am a brain tumor champion and yet I am working out with a personal trainer; I’m the “Big Girl” at the gym and wondering if everyone is staring at me [NOTE: I know people are NOT staring at me at all – yet I still struggle with the feeling from time to time], etc.)
I told her I have a blog and maybe I can try her idea here. I know my counselor has mentioned before the specific act of writing to paper, but I’m still going to start it here. After all, this is my health blog and I want to develop the sides of me that are not brain tumor and rare disease related.
- I had an amazing work out tonight.
- I enjoyed a great lunch with my mom and a good friend this afternoon.
- My nephews are my blessings and bring so much joy to my life. (Nephew #2 got a home run at his game tonight!)
- I am a strong and capable woman.
- Today, I have shelter, food, and family. I have enough for my needs.
Tomorrow evening, I plan to do this same thing again. Some affirmations might be the same – some new ones might be added. 🙂