I always hoped for a traditional life. Marriage to a good man, children, a dog or a cat, I would have a career that offered something to the world, security, support, teamwork.
About 6 years ago this hope was destroyed. I am now dependent on others, unable to work, don’t have a career or security, cannot take care of myself.
Yet as I am reading this post now, why can’t I still have those things?
…how irresponsible pet owners yell and scream at their (escaped) pets instead of taking a long, hard look at themselves?
I had a run in with a horrible, gross man this morning. His little dog was running around and for the record: I will always choose an animal over a stupid human being.
The man comes out as he hears me trying to get the dog home, and starts yelling and screaming at the dog. I’m (in my car) waiting because I was going to tell him that I saw his dog out a few days earlier, too. As he sees that I’m still there he screams, “GET AWAY FROM MY CAR. WATCH THE CAR.”
I was stunned.
I was very far away from his car and in no way was I at risk for hitting it.
He continues to scream, “WATCH THE CAR. I AM GOING TO CALL THE POLICE YOU CRAZY B*TCH. DON’T WORRY ABOUT MY DOG. WATCH THE CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.”
Did I mention a little tiny boy (maybe 2 years old?) was following at this man’s feet and making some noise? I know this poor baby was terrified at what he was witnessing.
I pulled out my phone and took his picture. And, a picture of the dog before he was ushered to the back area.
I was dumbfounded. Speechless.
I asked him, “Why are you being such a dick?”
And also, just for the record: I didn’t get a word in edgewise to this crazy man. He just yelled his fool head off.
My heart breaks for that poor dog. Seriously.
But I know I can’t save them all. It’s hard.
Just today, as I caught up on my blogroll, I read 3 different blogs that had this challenge. While I am sometimes at a loss for things to write about, I love lists so I thought I would give this a try…and, FYI…some of these facts I’m borrowing from the posts I read earlier because they apply to me, too. 🙂
- The Brady Bunch was my ultimate favorite TV show as a child.
- It bugs me when people tweet themselves. Do they do that on purpose or what? What do they think when they get their “own” tweet? That’s almost as bad as people who comment on their own Facebook status. Just make an additional tweet or status. Done. #ICannot
- I have never watched one episode of American Idol and I am very proud of this fact! (Isn’t it finally going off the air, too?)
- I do not like it when people write/say/use ‘Merica. Our country name is A-MER-ICA. Really.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with purses…I must have them ALL! (But, I have high expectations and certain requirements for each of them, hehe.)
- If I had to choose between books or music as my entertainment, I would choose books and ask nicely if I could listen to 90’s music too.
- I need a bucket list. I want to visit Hawaii and Times Square one day.
- I want to learn to Portuguese.
- I really love to do genealogy.
- Sometimes, I forget I have 2 brain tumors.
- I hate the words stump, root, and spine.
- I always cry at movies where animals die. Just don’t make it part of the movie, OK? Thanks!
- My favorite movie/musical is Grease. I bet I can quote the entire movie.
- I guarantee I will never bungee jump. Period. End of story.
- Currently, I see 7 different doctors (not including physical therapy) to manage Cowden Syndrome and Lhermitte-duclos Disease. I have a very large medical team for which I am very thankful.
If you want to read a few more of these go here, and here.