I have racked my brain for the last few weeks about something to write about that’s non-medical. But, let’s face it. Pretty much my whole life revolves around medical everything or how medical somethings have fundamentally changed my life for the much, much, worse. But, since I am a
list maker, list writer, list-follower (?) I thought it’d be a good object lesson for me to write some things going on that aren’t really brain tumor related. So, here goes:
- Saw a nutritionist last week. She said no more protein shakes after my workouts, and instead to drink 2% chocolate milk. I’m all for trying something new!
- This is my birthday week! Celebrated by getting a fancy manicure and DID. NOT. BUY. the Fossil bag I have drooled over for months (in Mushroom, BTW). That, there, is growth!
- Last night I spoke at a treatment center in a Twelfth Step panel. Quite the experience! 🙂
- Just before I began this post, I was at the animal shelter in the Cat Rooms. I noticed that one cat in particular, Rita, didn’t look right. Her hair seemed wet, and I guess she could have gotten in fight with another one and they could have fallen into a water dish. But, what’s more likely is that she is ill because I heard that there is a something going around there. I told the front office staff and I pray they look into it.
- Been doing quite a bit of genealogy work on my mom’s family line. I hope to never hear, “Oh, all my work has been done!” because it’s never done! I love it so much. I know these ancestors of mine are real people and they just wanted to be found and validated as once living souls on this earth.
- I am thinking about doing another Booster fundraiser t-shirt. (Especially since I shrunk mine in the dryer this morning. #FacePalm.) Would you be interesting in buying one? More info. on this soon.
- My new favorite reality TV shows: Number 1 and Number 2. Color me hooked; only for a few reasons. #1 – because the single, girl in me hopes for love one day, no matter what the way. And #2 – because Days of Our Lives.
- I have a trip planned in July and I am SO. EXCITED. Here’s a clue: