Since diagnosis, I’ve come to realize how valuable my time is.
How come I didn’t have this mindset before? Did I just live my life with my head in the clouds? Not realizing ANYTHNG?!
Regardless, I know it now. I’m fully aware and invested in what I choose to do, and where, and with whom.
This afternoon I had had a busy schedule filled with a couple of medical appointments. This morning, a little bug in my ear told me to call the office to confirm my appointment.
Well, surprise surprise! The doctor isn’t in the office for the entire month of October. Did anyone call me to reschedule? Heck, no. Did anyone give a rip that I almost went all that way for nothing? Believe me this: Had I driven all that way come to find out my appointment had been canceled, I would have lost my noodle in that waiting room. Believe me.
If I choose to waste my time, that’s my decision. Not yours! If I choose to read a book, walk around the block, mindlessly shop online…that’s all me! You do not get to waste my time. You do not get to pull me around by the neck forcing me to do what you will.
And, you know what this taught me? I now must take more of my valuable time and call each and every single medical appointment before I go. To make sure my appointment hasn’t vanished. Ugh. Who has time to remember to do that?!
Lest my entire day be a waste of time, I had sushi with a friend of mine. Now, I’m playing on iTunes and importing old music (Grease, Fantasia 2000, Phantom, Beauty and The Beast – so much music I had forgotten about!)
Pink Ladies for life!
Just today, as I caught up on my blogroll, I read 3 different blogs that had this challenge. While I am sometimes at a loss for things to write about, I love lists so I thought I would give this a try…and, FYI…some of these facts I’m borrowing from the posts I read earlier because they apply to me, too. 🙂
- The Brady Bunch was my ultimate favorite TV show as a child.
- It bugs me when people tweet themselves. Do they do that on purpose or what? What do they think when they get their “own” tweet? That’s almost as bad as people who comment on their own Facebook status. Just make an additional tweet or status. Done. #ICannot
- I have never watched one episode of American Idol and I am very proud of this fact! (Isn’t it finally going off the air, too?)
- I do not like it when people write/say/use ‘Merica. Our country name is A-MER-ICA. Really.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with purses…I must have them ALL! (But, I have high expectations and certain requirements for each of them, hehe.)
- If I had to choose between books or music as my entertainment, I would choose books and ask nicely if I could listen to 90’s music too.
- I need a bucket list. I want to visit Hawaii and Times Square one day.
- I want to learn to Portuguese.
- I really love to do genealogy.
- Sometimes, I forget I have 2 brain tumors.
- I hate the words stump, root, and spine.
- I always cry at movies where animals die. Just don’t make it part of the movie, OK? Thanks!
- My favorite movie/musical is Grease. I bet I can quote the entire movie.
- I guarantee I will never bungee jump. Period. End of story.
- Currently, I see 7 different doctors (not including physical therapy) to manage Cowden Syndrome and Lhermitte-duclos Disease. I have a very large medical team for which I am very thankful.
If you want to read a few more of these go here, and here.